Saturday 23 June 2012

Junior Cert Art Project of the Year 2012

Congratulations to Jennifer Leyden on achieving Junior Cert Art Project of the Year. Jenny's project was unanimously voted first place by her classmates and Ms Kelly. As part of the prize Jenny receives a full blog post, dedicated to her entire project.

Looking at nature : By Jennifer Leyden
I chose the theme 'Looking at nature' to base my Junior Cert art project on, as I was able to incorporate horses under this title. I found the tasks of the project daunting at first, but after work had begun on the different sheets, I began to look forward to each art class. For my 3D part of the art project, I veered completely away from horses and more so towards insects and bees. Ms. Kelly helped me develop my design ideas and structure the final display, consisting of three black and yellow bees surrounding a white beehive. I enjoyed learning how different materials such as clay, wire and cardboard, could be used to create realistic art forms and sculptures, in addition to paint and colour.

Sheet 1 - Prep work for painting

Sheet 2 - Completed Painting

Sheet 3 - Support Studies for Painting

Sheet 4 - Prep work for 3D

5 - Completed 3D

Close up of completed 3D


Sheet 6 - Prep work for craft option - Lino Print

Sheet 7  - Completed craft option - Lino Print

Sheet 8 - Support Studies for 3D and Craft Option (Lino)

Sheet 9  - Object Drawing Exam

Sheet 10 - Life Drawing Exam